Eating Healthy can feel tough when you don’t have enough recipes in your tool belt (or saved in your phone 😉). We love this recipe particularly because it’s delicious but also because it’s so VERSATILE. You can add any meat you like or keep it vegetarian. You can have it for lunch, dinner, or even a snack – it’s perfect for on the go because it tastes good cold. Since we know everyone will love them it’s great for sharing, AND they only take 20 mins to make!
Scroll on down for The Very Best Lettuce Wraps you have ever tasted!
What you will need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or chopped mushrooms for a vegetarian option
2 tablespoons red curry paste
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup cabbage, chopped
8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and diced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped up garlic
1/4 basil, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
Step # 1
- Wash cabbage, red pepper, green onions, and lettuce with a produce spray
- Cut each veggie into desirable bite-size chunks
- Separate veggies into individuals bowls
Step # 2
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add mushrooms and saute for about 3 mins (if adding meat do so now instead of mushrooms)
- Once cooked, place in a separate bowl
Step # 3
- Add red curry paste, garlic, diced peppers, cabbage, ginger, and water chestnuts – stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add Hoisin sauce and green onions and toss.
- Add basil and stir
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked mushrooms or meat
Here’s the fun part! Take your washed iceberg lettuce and lay them out on your plate or serving platter. Fill each lettuce piece with your desired amount of filling and ENJOY!
We hope that you LOVE these as much as we do!